The scientific committee of ICOSAHOM consists of experts in the fields of spectral and spectral element methods, h-p finite element methods, high order finite differences, and wavelets. New members of the scientific committee are appointed every three years if one of the existing members retires, or according to new fields; in either case, this is done by voting.
The scientific committee of ICOSAHOM makes all decisions regarding the scientific content and location of the conferences.
The current members are :
- Mark Ainsworth (University of Strathclyde, UK)
- Christine Bernardi (Paris VI, France)
- Claudio Canuto (Politechnico di Torino, Italy)
- Mark Carpenter (NASA, USA)
- Michel Deville (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Daniele Funaro (University of Modena, Italy)
- Jan S. Hesthaven (Brown University, USA)
- George E. Karniadakis (Brown University, USA)
- Yvon Maday (Paris VI, France)
- Alfio Quarteroni (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Chris Schwab (ETH, Switzerland)